Setting Up An American Express Online Account
Amex, also known as the American Express Company, is a multinational financial services corporation founded in the United States. Its corporation headquarters is found in the Three World Financial Center, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. It was founded in 1850 and is one of the thirty components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average or DJIA. American Express is most known for its charge card, credit card, and travelers’ cheque businesses. Approximately twenty-four percent of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions in the United States is accounted for by American Express cards. It is notable that the company’s logo, adopted in 1958, is a Centurion whose image is on the travelers’ cheques, credit cards, and charge cards of American Express.
According to Interbrand and BusinessWeek, American Express is the 22nd most valuable brand all over the world, approximating the brand to be worth around USD 14.97 billion. In addition, Fortune noted that American Express is one of the top 20 Most Admired Companies in the World.
Hence, if you already have an American Express account, or more particularly, a credit card or a charge card, and you would like an American Express Online account, all that is required is a mobile device or a desktop or a laptop that has a reliable and stable Internet connection. You would also need a web browser program, such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari. Of course, you must also have your American Express account details ready for inputting online.
One of the advantages of having an American Express login is that it can be accessed in any and all web browser programs. You can then use this online account to shop, pay bills, transfer funds, check and monitor your balance, and the like.
Found subsequently are the procedures and pictures to assist you in putting up your own American Express log in.
• Open a web browser program and go to the American Express home page at www.americanexpress.com. Click on the “Create New Online Account” link on the left side of the webpage.
• It is not an automatic guarantee that the page will look like it does on picture number one. Nonetheless, you should just try to find the “Create New Online Account” link on the webpage and click it. You can also go directly to https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/oce/us/action/register?request_type=un_Register&Face=en_US&Face=en_US®Src=logon so you do not need to go to the main webpage of American Express anymore.
• You should keep in mind that there might be an instance wherein you may find someone else’s American Express account instead of the previous webpage as in the picture on top. In these cases, you would need to first sign out. Then, just reload the webpage. If it occurs that the webpage is still not appearing on the screen, you should just delete the cache, cookies, and/or passwords from the web browser program you are using. If you still cannot see the webpage with its accordant links, just close your current web browser program and open up the American Express webpage on a new web browser program.
• As soon as it has finished loading, an Amex login page shows up, as shown in picture number two. Put in your 15-digit card number and 4-digit card ID in their respective text boxes and click on the “Continue” button to proceed to your Account Preferences and Card Benefits.
• American Express will then check if your card number is in their records. Make sure, of course, that your card number and card ID has been entered correctly.
• As soon as you are done with this and with your Account Preferences and Card Benefits, congratulations! You now have your own American Express login!
By finishing these steps, you can do American Express online payment, as well as American Express pay bill.
A couple of things to note about American Express. At present, it has more than 109.9 million cards, which include its consumer, small business, and corporate cards issued by American Express. Also included in this number are cards issued by its Global Service Network partners, which run on their network like Barclays Bank and Lloyds Bank in the United Kingdom and NAB and Westpac in Australia.
In addition, American Express is the largest card issuer in the world according to purchase volume. It is also the fourth largest card issuer all over the world, according to the number of cards it has in circulation.
Its consumer cards are the most popular, particularly its Centurion Card, American Express Red, and ExpressPay. But most of all, American Express is more popularly known for its iconic Green, Gold, and Platinum charge cards. In most countries, American Express provides credit cards with the same color levels.
American Express issued its first charge card in the 1950s. This caught on quickly during the rising postwar economy. It also indicated the transition of American Express into a larger consumer base. The company issued its first gold card in 1996, in order to provide services to the higher classes of business travel. In 1984, the platinum card of American Express was launched and is still very popular since it is second in exclusivity only to the American Express Centurion Card.
By 1999, American Express launched the Centurion Card, also known as the “black card,” meant for a customer segment that is more affluent and elite. Initially, the card was available only to a choice number of users of the Platinum card, with the annual fee being $2,500 (increased from $1,000 during its initial launch) with a supplemental one-time fee of $7,500. Actually, American Express made this card line because of 1980s rampant rumors and urban legends in that it created a super exclusive black card for elite users who could buy anything with it.